Our Assistant Produce Department Manager assists with the overall dept management and supervision of operations and HR, delivering the best possible Meridian experience to customers and staff.
General Requirements of Position
- Align with Meridian brand and corporate values
- Supervisory experience
- 2+ years experience in a produce environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive and proactive nature
- Communicates with honesty and clarity, and creates the space for others to do the same
- Highly organized, solution-oriented, and an aptitude for multi-tasking
- Demonstrates leadership and adaptability under pressure
- Knowledge of various business functions including retail sales, customer service, and purchasing
- Passionate, energetic, and love a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development
- Computer literate with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Food Safe Level 1
- First aid Level 1
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs continuously
- Ability to work on your feet all day, bending, leaning, crouching, and walking.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time, and entire shifts, in a refrigerated environment (cooler or freezer)
Main Responsibilities of Position
- Give customers the best possible experience! Ensure our Meridian service and hospitality standards are delivered to customers through every touch point of their department and store experience.
- Assist monitoring customer experience (customer feedback channels) and respond accordingly.
- Assist leading and supervising all department operations and maintain operational standards.
- Create attractive, exciting displays that meet 3FS Standard.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all warehousing, dry produce and refrigerated product in absence of the dept manager.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area that meets our Clean Standard.
- Be accountable for proper product rotation and removal of outdated product.
- Place product purchase orders from designated approved vendors.
- Receive product following receiving guidelines.
- Assist monitoring and manage category operational costs, sales, and profit.
- Implement, and monitor production systems, procedures, and processes to increase productivity and effectiveness.
- Challenge current practices and develop and execute plans for continuous improvements in efficiency and customer experience.
- Routinely communicate with Department Manager to discuss activities and challenges, and to develop strategies for a more efficient & successful operation.
- Ensure CFIA compliance with health regulations.
- Know our Health and Safety training program and ensure safety expectations and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Assist managing inventory control and out-of-stock items
- Assist with department inventory counting and reporting.
- Ensure equipment is in good working condition and routinely maintained.
- Maintain a positive collaborative working relationship with managers and team members, strive for harmony and teamwork with all other company staff and stakeholders.
Employee Training & Development
- Assist with hiring, on-boarding, with support of company management.
- Assist in providing all training for staff and shift managers.
- Assist conducting employee performance reviews
- Assist managing labour budget, scheduling, daily accountability
Sales and Merchandising
- Manage product selection, quality, freshness, and packaging standards at all times
- Strive to meet sales goals
- Strive to achieve profit targets through effective planning and operational coordination.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17 – $22
Staff are required to wear face masks while at the store.
Please include wage expectations.
We appreciate all those who apply however only those who are going to be interview will be notified.
Apply online using the form below